Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer 2012 by Faith O'Quinn

My sister and I parasailing.
Photo provided by Faith O'Quinn

     My family likes to travel. We normally go on a trip every summer, and have a lot of fun.This year was a little different though. My summer started off kinda slow, sleeping in, not doing much of anything... then my parents started talking about going on a trip, even though we hadn't planed on it. We decided we'd drive down to Alabama, rent a condo, and have fun!
     About a mile before the Alabama state line, we hit traffic. We were supposed to get to Gulf Shores around 2, but we got there around 5. We were stuck in traffic for 3 HOURS. We got to our condo on compass point, it was on the bay side, but the gulf was across the road. We went to the beach every day, all day long.
    On the day before we left, my parents let my sister and I go parasailing!! We were headed out on the boat and we started talking to the family that went with us, and found out they were from Missouri also! When Grace and I went up, we took her water proof camera with us. We took alot of pictures in the air, it was fun. I got alot of seashells, and spent some time with my family. The funny thing is, when we got home and I got on Facebook, I found out alot of my friends and people I know were down there at the same time we were!
     The only part of my summer I didn't enjoy was that the day after we got home from Alabama, I had to go to Springfield to have my wisdom teeth taken out. Other than that, it was an amazing summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment