Thursday, October 11, 2012

This Summer by Mitchell Lawson


This is my truck after the whole ordeal.
It was pretty scary.
This summer was fun but also scary at some points. My summer started out with spending a school day in the AG shop working to  finish end of the year projects. After school me and a buddy went to some ponds and fished. 

The next morning my summer took a turn for the worse. We got up to go fishing at Lambath Bridge. It was perfect morning not too hot and just a light breeze. We loaded up the truck to go fishing as we headed down the road the road started to kick up a lot of dust and the truck started to slide I said some words that I can not repeat considering this a school blog. 

Then there was aloud bang and the next was my buddy screaming get out and me yelling back I can't then he came back to the truck and pulled me out the truck. Once everything calmed down and Dad got there, me and my bud looked at each other all beaten and bloody and couldn't help but laugh we had just been through "Hell on Earth" and were still here the rest of the summer. 

He and I fished almost every weekend at that bridge and every time we pass those scarred up trees it reminds me how fast my life could have ended and all the things I would have lost. 

It makes me wonder why I'm still here. It reassured my faith and got me to take a look at my life choices. The wreck was a horrible tragedy but also I believe  a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment