Tuesday, October 16, 2012

This Summer by Morgan Andersen

Me and the Guys from OU
     This summer was pretty fun. We drove through many different states. I went to South Dakota and Oklahoma. 
     On the way to South Dakota we passed through Nebraska and others. On the trip to South Dakota we visited Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower in Wyoming, Custer State Park, Crazy Horse Memorial, and something called Alpine Sides. 
     At Mt. Rushmore I learned a lot about the history of the mountain and stuff. I learned about it at a place called the Borglum memorial store, we walked through this building full of cool stuff with headphones on. The store had a recording of a tour guide, that would be why we wore headphones. It took sixteen hours to get to South Dakota. The hotel was pretty nice. 
     Also during the summer I woke up early. Everyday! Just to go to basketball, weights, and conditioning. It was fun sometimes, sometimes it was just a pain. But I made sure that when things got hard I kept going. 
     My basketball team and I went to Oklahoma on a trip. We stayed overnight for four nights on the OU campus. It was so tiring! By the end of the week I felt as if I was about to die. I made some new friends, including a lot of seniors. 
     Every night we would go to Kelsey's room and have "group talk" just because we could. At this team camp we played against other teams from all around the USA. It definitely benefited me well, I played JV the whole time and I feel like I got a lot better! A bunch of people were so tired and warned out that they started vomiting! Yum. I did not vomit. I was proud. The showers at in the dorms were very interesting! We stayed in the freshman dorms, the water pressure was horrible, and we had suite mates so four people trying to take a shower was complicated. 
     That is a little bit about my summer of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment